Thursday, March 22, 2012

An Indescribable Story Behind My Relationship with James








I have a confession to make: I am the luckiest person in this planet. This is my litttle secret. I consider it as a secret because it sounds like a fairy tale, and literally makes me sound crazy.



James and I have been friends for 4 years.



But the course of events that lead to that goes back in the year 2007.



At the second year of college ( when I first met him), I was in a fairly satisfying relationship with James.



When the year ends suddenly our friendship broke apart, got back together, then were complete in silence again. Neither of us were happy. Really!



Learning how to make friends was incredibly difficult for me, well because of my past ill-fitting friends. I had a lot of lousy beliefs about myself, people, and the way this whole friendship thing was SUPPOSE to play out.



It seemed like everywhere I turned people were telling me to FAKE IT TILL YOU MAKE IT by pretending to confident that I will surely meet real friends.



So, despite all the crappy things people had managed to dump into my head, I force myself to get out in this scary world and have fun.



Despite the fact that I had low self-esteem, confidence, or faith in myself, it actually worked!



I ended up with some few acquitances. That's all about it. The only problem was none of them deem to be as close relationship.



EVERYTHING HAPPENS FOR A REASONS



Last year I met James, who was on similar journey of his own. Were togerther again. At that time,  James and I was in grad school, and after graduating, we spent at least 6 hours a day together and 2 hours pampering ourselves drinking coffee at the Star Bucks.



I can now say that I can share anything with James and I'd like to think that he feels the same way. I know I can trust him to be here with me through good times and especially on my upleasant days. We have each other's back and we know thta everything we do comes from trust.



Relaionships may not alwasy be smooth sailing because we run into the wave of challenges, doesn't mean that our relationship is beyond hope.



A few REAL friends are all I need. When it comes to relationships, focus on quality over quantity. Spend your time with friends who love and appreciate you, and who encourage you to improve in healthy and exciting ways. They are the ones who make you feel more alive, and not only embrace who you are now, but also embrace and embody who you want to be, unconditionally. Spend more time with those who make you smile and less time with those who you feel pressured to impress. These people make your day a little bit brighter simply by being in it. It is better to have one true friend than all the acquaintances in the world.






1 comment:

  1. I could try stringing a thousand melodramatic words, but what I really just want to say is, THANK YOU YUM! you've always been a part of me. Thanks for standing by me yum. I will be forever grateful for having you as my bestfriend!

    ReplyDelete